It’s been a while, so let’s get back on the nerd wagon with our favorite new game, Nerd Word where I give you random, probably meaningless thoughts that just appear in my mind.
- Why didn’t Darkwing Duck ever cross over with the cast of the Ducktales show? We know it exists in the same Duck related universe. After all, Launchpad McQuack is in both shows. Didn’t Scrooge McDuck ever need the services of a ruthless Duck vigilante? I bet Darkwing Duck would have mopped the floor with those bastard Beagle Boys.
- I really liked the Flash Television series, that show was spot on the entire season. There were characters that NOBODY thought they would touch, such as Grodd, the talking, telepathic killer Gorilla. But the show proved everyone wrong and they made characters like Grodd fun and appealing. This also has to be the first show to have a spin off (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow….more on that in a moment) announced before the first season even ended. Okay, so it is a spin-off of characters from the Arrow and the Flash, but it still counts as a Flash spin off.
- Speaking of the Flash, wasn’t that Season Finale freaking amazing? For all you comic “fans” who bash the Flash because it is on CW….shut the heck up. The show had one of the coolest, most cinematic, comic book inspired cliff hangers to date and still managed to feature incredibly touching scenes where Barry Allen (The Flash, in case you didn’t know) finally had to make a choice on whether or not he will travel through time to save his mother…..I won’t give spoilers, but I cried. Don’t judge me!
- Agents of SHIELD had an amazing season this year that blew last year’s hit and miss season away. This season had an ageless Nazi, a brainwashed Shield assassin with agent Mae’s face, The Absorbing Man, and the reveal of Skye’s father. We also saw a SHIELD versus SHIELD rivalry introducing Edward James Olmos as a SHIELD operative eyeing for Director Coulson’s job. At its core though, the season solved the mystery of Skye’s parents while at the same time introducing us to the concept of Inhumans, characters who are exposed to a mystical alien mist and transform into their “true potential”. Sometimes that means becoming a prophetic hedgehog, other times that means being a teleporter without any eyes. The season had really good, movie quality special effects and actually introduced dozens of real comic book inspired characters and concepts.
- How come Batman doesn’t dance anymore?
- I have a feeling my four year old daughter has a secret stash of Oreos hidden somewhere in the house. It’s sort of like the cookie equivalent of the Lost Dutchman’s Mine.
- I am trying to convince my teenage daughter to drop her current phone and be “retro” by getting one of those giant Motorola phones radio shack used to sell back in the 80s.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow looks like it will be the type of Justice League style show fans really want to watch. Hell, it will probably be better than the Zack Snyder Justice League movie. This is a time travel based team made up of Firestorm, Hawkgirl, the resurrected Orignal Black Canary, The Atom/Ray Palmer, The Flash, The Arrow, Captain Cold and Heatwave. How could this not be amazing? Seeing how well this creative team did the Flash, this seems to be an amazing show.
- I have been binge watching episodes of the Critic and have come to the conclusion that Duke Phillips is one of the greatest American heroes we will ever have….even if he is a fictional character.